Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Women Fakes Kidnapping in Kenya

I found an article on allAfrica about a women who faked her own kidnapping in order to get money out of her friends and family. She reportedly went to her boyfriends house last week, where she called her family and told them that she had been abducted.  She then told them about the ransom that the so called kidnappers wanted and she received and undisclosd amount of money from her family.  She was tracked down by police through the mobile phone that she had used to call her friends and family with.  Her boyfriend and her were both arrested and police say that they definitely plan to charge her for providing false iformation and and demanding money.

This to me at first looked like any ordinary article that I would read while on allAfrica.  The thing about this article that really shocked me and made me want to share it, was the fact that she was tracked down through her mobile phone.  I watch a lot of crime shows; CIS, NCIS, Criminal Minds, so investigation type stuff really interests me.  Now I'm just rambeling, but what I'm trying to say is that I was surprised that Africa has that type of technology to track somebody down by cell phone.  It surprises me that we are able to do that here in the US, let alone Africa, which people think to be so "savage."

No comments:

Post a Comment