Saturday, February 25, 2012

African Music

All Africa is a very interesting website that has a music page with information about music, singers, bands, everything music about Africa.  I am a person, like many, who love music.  I mean who doesn't?  I was just skimming through a few articles on this music page and also ended up youtubing some of the artists to see what their music sounds like.  If anybody else is interested in music and has time to kill, it's something you could do as well :)

The first thing that I noticed when clicking on the music section was the headlines about Whitney Houston.  I was surprised to find that there was several articles about African artists mourning the death of Whitney Houston.  I guess I had never thought that people in Africa would listen to music from America.  Which makes me think, I wonder how many of them simply just liked her voice and had no idea what she was even saying because they couldn't speak English.

I also clicked on an article titled, "Nigeria: 2face is Not Dead-Publicist."  I immediately thought about rumors that hit the web here in the US about rappers, actors, and singers dying, when in fact it isn't true.  I also thought about people who think that some famous people who in fact are dead, are believed to be still alive.  This article goes on to explain that a rumor that actually started last year about the rapper being dead had came about again this week. The article then went on to say that he is alive and is recording currently in Los Angeles!  I found this crazy that an African artist would be recording music in the US.

This is kind of just a really random post, but I found the music section very interesting, so I thought I would share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment